The same sequence can be used in-person, in an email, or via an online forum or group:
- What are the keywords you need to describe your problem?
- Try your best with the information provided in the help files/FAQ to solve your problem.
- Use the keywords in relevant forums/groups to see whether anyone has had the same or similar problems earlier.
- Ask a question (be concise and friendly):
- State the problem.
- State what you have done (e.g., searched the forum but didn’t find anything helpful).
- DIY vs asking for help (perhaps paying someone for help)
- Long-term vs short-term benefits